Hello everyone! I am so sorry I have been absent for the some time once again. I have been so swamped with exams that I have not had the time nor the energy to post on my blog. I was thinking about what I should post and I figured why not post my little tips that help me get through my stressful days, especially while in school. I hope some of you can relate and can find this post helpful. Always remember that the stress won’t last forever and better days are ahead 🙂
- Get some sleep: Sleep is so important especially when you’re stressed. I find the less sleep I get the more stressed and irritable I become. Even if it’s just closing your eyes for 10 minutes I find it really helps me calm down and get a little bit of energy to keep going.
- Exercise: Exercising is known to be great for releasing tension. Whether it’s yoga, running, lifting weights, etc. just get the body moving and you are sure to feel better. Zumba is also a great stress reliever, go dance your heart out for an hour!
- Make time for fun: Even if you have a million of things to do make some time for fun activities. If it’s the weekend, go out for a drink with your friends or go to the movies, a football game, etc. Getting out and being social for a little bit will totally help you feel better.
- Relax before bed: This is something I do every night whether I’m stressed or not. Every night I have a set time where I stop doing any of my work and just read blogs, watch youtube videos, read articles on my favorite sites like Cosmopolitan and Popsugar, read a book, watch Netflix, scroll through Instagram etc. I think it is really important to give yourself a break/reward before getting some sleep that way you aren’t going to bed worrying and stressed.
- Treat yourself: In my opinion this is the most important. Whenever it’s exam time I treat myself to a glass of wine at the end of the day, sweet treats I wouldn’t normally eat, get take out, get some fancy coffee, and lastly I buy myself something small like a new lipstick or nail polish for my hard work.
Stress always comes and goes and it’s important to take care of yourself during the hard times to stay healthy. I find these 5 tips to be really helpful and I always think of them when I feel the stress coming on. Comment below your favorite tips for dealing with stress!