I piled together some of my favorite questions from previous beauty blogger tags to help get to know me better! I love reading what other people say and how other people relate in terms of beauty. Hope you enjoy!
1. Why did you start blogging? Why beauty? I started blogging because I have found such a love for beauty and fashion and just reading blogs in general. I always tell my mom and sisters the latest makeup and tips and thought it would be fun to share with a larger audience. I have been focusing on beauty a lot because it has been a recent obsession of mine and something I just really enjoy.
2. Messy hair & nice makeup or nice hair and no makeup? Definitely nice hair and messy hair. My hair is naturally straight so I typically don’t do anything to my hair anyways.
3. Worst beauty habit? Picking at my lips when I’m nervous or stressed. My lips get super chapped so it’s easy to pick at them especially during exam time at school.
4. Do you leave getting ready to the last minute? Not at all! I’m always excited to do a full face of makeup and do it way sooner than I need to so I can enjoy it.
5. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly? As of now I wash my makeup brushes about once a month. I know it’s important to wash them on a more regular basis and I am trying to do that but sometimes I just forget and than it’s too late in the day for me to do them and they be dried by the next day.
6. Favorite makeup items? Eyeshadows and Lipstick. For whatever reason these are the two things I am always wanting to buy both drugstore and high end.
7. Do you do your makeup so it matches your outfit? I try to do just a little touch that matches my outfit. Such as browns or grays. If I’m wearing a color that I have a matching shadow to I’ll typically do a subtle look with those colors such as a maroon color in the crease.
8. How do you keep up to date on new items? Youtube videos and blogs. Youtube is my main source for keeping up with the latest items, the hottest items, and the items not worth the money.
9. Favorite Youtubers? Tati (GlamLifeGuru) and RachhLoves. They do videos on both drugstore and high end and I have found that I have the most similar opinions to them. I trust everything they say/recommend!
10. Favorite high end brand? Urban Decay and Too Faced. I know that whatever I buy from these brands are going to be top favs. I haven’t found anything from either brand that has really disappointed me.
11. Favorite drugstore brand? This is a tough one. I think it depends on the items because all the different brands have their hits and misses. If I had to narrow it down to two I think I would say Rimmel and Maybelline.
12. Face makeup or eye makeup? Eye makeup. I can go days without doing my face makeup if my skin is looking good but I love having eye makeup on.
13. If you could leave the house using just one make up item,what would you use? Eyeliner on the waterline for sure. For some reason I feel like it just makes me seem more awake.
14. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Yes! I use smash box photo finish primer for the face and the Urban decay original primer potion for the eyes. I can never do my makeup without priming first.
15. What do you think of fake eyelashes? I’m not a fan only because I have super long eyelashes and have never needed them. The one time I wore them they really irritated me.
16. What is your go-to piece of jewelry? My simple circular pandora necklace from my boyfriend or my monogram necklace from my parents.
17. Go-to nail color? Any shade of pink
18. Would you rather have to wear the same outfit or the same makeup everyday? Same makeup. Most days I have my favorite makeup look to wear anyways. I am a big fashionista and don’t like wearing the same clothes a million times.
19. One makeup skill you think you haven’t mastered yet? Winged liner. Ugh I try so often but so far it has been unsuccessful. I hope I will figure it out eventually because I loved the look when a makeup artist did it on me.
20. What is your skincare routine? I wash and moisturize my face every night and typically change up the products but typically items from the drugstore. I clean my face every morning with micellar water. My favorites are by Simple and Garnier. I then apply a daily moisturizer by Formula 10.0.6 that contains sunscreen every morning before applying any makeup. Lastly, I like to do a face mask about once a week!
21. What are you most looking forward to this month? Going back to college for my last year of undergrad and becoming an auntie! At the end of this month I head back to school for my senior year which is such a bitter sweet feeling. I am so excited to get back to campus though and for college football games to be back. My sister is also having a baby at the end of the month and I am finally becoming an aunt which is super exciting. So many changes coming up in my life but I am very excited for them all and hope to share some of those moments in my blog 🙂